среда, 12 марта 2008 г.

Ok, Professor Lanoux has been calling on us to spout forth pearls of wisdom upon the unsuspecting world from this blog, so I shall in the 8 minutes remaining to me on this computer. I'm having a really good time, but of course things are going wrong - people are late or missing, things are closed, plans are SNAFU'd - it's all part of traveling. Moscow is, of course, filthy, but fascinating. It's like no European or American city I've ever seen - huge boulevards, massive grey concrete buildings and pre-soviet structures that could be beautiful with a lot of TLC. The only colors are the garish billboards advertising every modern convenience. The Russians themselves are a staid lot - in JFK, every time another delay was anounced, all the Americans groaned, and all the Russians went back to their books or conversations. There's been tention in the group - like with any group this big gone for this long - but we're still living together, so it's cool. We're going to St. Pete's tonight, and I can't wait to see it. I'm sad because it means the trip's half over, but I need a bit of a break from Moscow.
I've only got a minute before I get forcably logged out, and so I'll wrap this up. My mom will want to know it's me writing, so mom - it's me. Ok, time to go!

Комментариев нет: